Yes - but it wasn't my fault - last Thursday I was taking the kids to the Geneva fire fighters museum (100 years of fire fighting equipment and stories). There was so much construction and traffic and so many one way streets that we ended up on the opposite side of town. I was coming around a round-point, took my street and then WHAM!!! A teenage boy on an electric bike had come up fast behind me, hit a sign post stand and slammed into my car. When I got out of the car, he and his bike were hanging upside down on the fence. Fortunately he wasn't terribly hurt, but his bike wheel was warped and my car door was scratched and dented.

2 1/2 hours later, with a lot of help from a nice construction worker, the kids' dad and my hubby's excellent french (hey, I can buy groceries and get around town, but when it comes to technical insurance talk, I'm lost-even in English), we drove away. The kids were troopers, too. Not one complaint - just tired of waiting around.

The kids' dad was nice and called the next morning w/ the insurance file # (he had already called his company). I was thrilled to not have been taken advantage of.
No comments:
Post a Comment