Sept 12, 2013
Hallucinations - all night long, a couple of times a week. LSD must have a new name, Mefloquin. The malaria drug we're taking this year is producing the most bizarre dreams, some terrifying (no horror-movie nightmares, more like "I can NOT believe I just dreamed that! Aack!), and some so beautiful they bring tears, real tears. The crazy thing is that during non-Mefloquin dreams I know I'm dreaming. It's as if I'm watching the dream on the sidelines, enjoying it, but also tapping my foot waiting for myself to wake. These dreams, these Mefloquin dreams, are vividly real. Hence the occasional "Aack!!" when I wake.
We enjoy talking about our dreams around breakfast. Recently Rockwell had a dream in which 4 of Travis' colleagues (a very specific 4, whom Travis will name at a later time) all went to Raging Waters with him and rode the water-slides 'euro-style': swimsuits pulled down over bare-butts - slip-sliding-awayyyyy. In his words, "It was too real!"
Hallucinations - all night long, a couple of times a week. LSD must have a new name, Mefloquin. The malaria drug we're taking this year is producing the most bizarre dreams, some terrifying (no horror-movie nightmares, more like "I can NOT believe I just dreamed that! Aack!), and some so beautiful they bring tears, real tears. The crazy thing is that during non-Mefloquin dreams I know I'm dreaming. It's as if I'm watching the dream on the sidelines, enjoying it, but also tapping my foot waiting for myself to wake. These dreams, these Mefloquin dreams, are vividly real. Hence the occasional "Aack!!" when I wake.
We enjoy talking about our dreams around breakfast. Recently Rockwell had a dream in which 4 of Travis' colleagues (a very specific 4, whom Travis will name at a later time) all went to Raging Waters with him and rode the water-slides 'euro-style': swimsuits pulled down over bare-butts - slip-sliding-awayyyyy. In his words, "It was too real!"
Your Ghana adventure is a 24 hour ride!
ReplyDelete